Hebron Academy was founded in 1804 as a co-educational institution of learning and is the fifth oldest endowed boarding school in the U.S. From its beginning, Hebron has been an inclusive, supportive educational community that values individuality and respects individual differences.
The campus is located on 1,500 acres in western Maine. Hebron’s first-class academic facilities and labs are complemented by its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, fields, and trail system, which offer miles of biking, skiing, and running opportunities.
In 2021, the Academy has approximately 240 boarding and day students and 80 faculty and staff members. There are approximately 5,500 alumni scattered across the globe.
Alumni Relations and Engagement Associate
This entry-level position is perfect for someone with a passion for communications and marketing, and who would like to learn advancement best practices. The Alumni Relations and Engagement Associate is responsible for executing the advancement strategic plan, from drafting advancement and alumni relations materials to implementing the social media strategy to managing giving campaigns on an online giving platform. The Alumni Relations and Engagement Associate collaborates with the advancement team to support giving strategies and stewardship programs for young alumni that are consistent with a donor-based giving strategy. Reporting to the Director of Advancement and External Relations, the Alumni Relations and Engagement Associate is an integral member of the advancement team and will provide energy, positivity, and creativity in enhancing a successful and growing giving program.
In alignment with the advancement strategic plan, drafts written appeals for print and digital communications including the alumni magazine, e-newsletters, e-appeals, social media posts, and print materials;
- Develops communications and fundraising strategies for young alumni that create demonstrable success through engagement and fundraising metrics;
- Collaborates in the execution of communications and marketing materials for advancement with the communications and marketing team;
- With the oversight of advancement leadership, develops creative social media strategies and manages them on multiple social media outlets;
- Researches new digital marketing strategies and make recommendations to maximize impact on alumni and other external communities.
- Manages digital communications for the advancement office on platforms such as Give Campus, Zoom, Facebook Live, and others;
As part of the advancement team, is involved with major events throughout the year: reunions, concerts, career day and other key events, and represents the Academy at these events with alumni, donors, board members, faculty, students, and audience members;
- Collaborates with advancement team for special events with a particular emphasis on increasing young alumni participation and engagement;
- Establishes credibility and collaborative relationships with administration, Board members, alumni, donors, volunteers, and faculty and staff;
- Develops a thorough understanding of the Hebron Academy’s mission, areas of excellence, student population, services, programs, and goals;
- Assures actions and donor information are entered into the donor database in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications, digital communications or similar field preferred;
- Clear, precise, and professional written communication skills;
- Must possess good judgment and good manners in dealing with a variety of constituents;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to organization and detail;
- Excellent organizational skills; thorough attention to detail; dedication to proofreading;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn;
- Flexibility to work within the needs of an academic environment and to work evenings and weekend;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, digital communication tools, and databases is required. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software is a plus.
If interested in this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and at least one professional writing sample to Mary Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We prefer electronic attachments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position starts employment on or after July 1, 2021.
Hebron Academy is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant in any manner prohibited by law.
Criminal background checks are performed on all new hires.