The Hebron Academy bus driver position is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking to work part-time during the school year (August - May). We are looking for a bus driver to assume their duties for the 2023-2024 School Year.
Who are you?
You are a enthusiastic, caring, and safety-conscience person who is interested in working for a residential school with the primary responsibility of transporting students. You have experience driving a school bus, and a demonstrated history of driving in adverse weather conditions. You are willing to be flexible with your schedule to fit the transportation needs of the school.
- Class B - S & P Endorsement Required
- Must pass an annual physical examination;
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test;
- Must have a clean driving record;
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling and maneuvering a school bus;
- Current CHRC authorization through State of Maine Department of Education (Hebron Academy will assist in obtaining this).
What would you do?
Your most important duties are to:
- Transport students to and from various arrival/departure points, ie. airports (PWM and Logan), bus stations (Auburn and Portland)
- Transport students to and from sporting events within New England, with occasional overnight trips (3 or 4 annually)
- Transport students to social events and activities off campus
- Maintain appropriate licenses and authorizations to drive a school bus
- Have schedule flexibility, including week nights and weekends
- Possess a positive attitude and enjoy children
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume and references to email@example.com