Hebron Academy is looking for an experienced, dynamic, and forward-thinking teacher to join the science and engineering department for the 2021-2022 school year. We are seeking a qualified candidate to teach in our Engineering, Design, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (E.D.I.E.) pathway. With the recent completion of our Kaneb Center for Science and Engineering, the teacher would be able to take full advantage of our Engineering, Physics, and Fabrication Labs and be an integral part of a collaborative and dynamic science and engineering team.
An ideal candidate will
● facilitate learning through student-driven inquiry methods rooted in scientific methodology. Individual must be familiar with 21st-century skills, growth mindset, experiential learning, as well as integrating technology into all aspects of the classroom;
● experience and competence in equipment and software used in fabrication and innovation labs including 3-D printers, laser cutters, vinyl cutters, and CNC mills;
● have experience and competence with CAD and CAM programs, general programming knowledge, and VEX robotics;
● be committed to nurturing the whole child by caring for the emotional and social needs of each student; ● be excited to help grow a science program with a focus on experiential learning and be a motivated self-starter to help create these changes;
● collaborate on department-wide initiatives, curriculum development, and events.
At Hebron Academy, students are at the center of learning. Hebron’s faculty, led by our academic principles, equip students to become effective communicators, adaptable learners, responsible global citizens, and poised to lead. Our faculty participate fully in the life of the school--as teacher, coach, dorm parent, mentor, and advisor.
A bachelor’s degree is required in a related field. Relevant teaching experience is preferred but other experience and qualifications will be considered. Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Hebron Academy
Hebron Academy, founded in 1804, is an independent, college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades six through postgraduate. Hebron Academy’s prime location offers access to the best in outdoor recreation as well as a place apart from distraction, where students have time and space to discover oneself and make true friends. Professional, caring teachers and coaches are dedicated to inspiring and guiding students to reach their highest potential in mind, body, and spirit. Visit our site at www.hebronacademy.org.