Hebron Academy is seeking a creative and caring educator interested in fostering student-centered learning in the middle-school English classroom. The Hebron Academy English Faculty position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in living, learning, and working at a residential school with a collaborative and supportive community. We are looking for a faculty member to assume duties for the 2023-2024 School Year.
Who are we?
Our beautiful school is located in western Maine on a 1500-acre campus with trails, ponds, and mountains. We are grounded in our purpose-driven approach as an independent boarding and day school serving students in grades 6 - 12 and a postgraduate year. Learning is anchored in topics that are relevant. We create space for students to drive their own learning with their own questions. Most importantly, we know real learning and belonging can only happen when all students are seen, valued, and engaged. Rooted in Maine, we cultivate trailblazers.
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic person who is interested in working with adolescents in a residential school environment and have a particular enthusiasm for middle-school students. You have a passion for a wide range of literature and for teaching writing as a process. You are excited to contribute to a culture of awareness, understanding, and respect for all individuals and groups, with the ability to communicate in a culturally responsive manner. You seek a deeply relational and intentionally small community where you will be encouraged and supported to bring your full self to all aspects of your work.
- A bachelor's degree in English or a related field
- Experience with or enthusiasm for teaching middle-school students
- Commitment to nurturing the whole child by caring for the emotional and social needs of each student
- Special consideration will be given to those with experience and interest in working with students for whom English is a second language
What would you do?
Your most important duties are to:
- teach four sections of middle-school English
- lead or assist in an after-school sport or activity for two seasons
- serve as an advisor to a small group of students, and
- supervise students as a part of a residential faculty team
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com