Hebron Academy is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join our Marketing and Communications department as a Marketing and Communication Specialist. Working in close partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications, Admission Team, and the Advancement Team to assist in the development and execution of marketing campaigns, digital strategies, and communication efforts that effectively convey our school’s values and mission.
Who are we?
Our beautiful school is located in western Maine on a 1500-acre campus with trails, ponds, and mountains. We are grounded in our purpose-driven approach as an independent boarding and day school serving students in grades 6 – 12 and a postgraduate year. Learning is anchored in topics that are relevant. We create space for students to drive their own learning with their own questions. Most importantly, we know real learning and belonging can only happen when all students are seen, valued, and engaged. Rooted in Maine, we cultivate trailblazers.
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic person who is interested in playing a pivotal role in promoting the school’s brand, events, and programs to both current and prospective students and their families. You are excited to contribute to a culture of awareness, understanding, and respect for all individuals and groups, with the ability to communicate to all constituents in a culturally responsive manner. You seek a deeply relational and intentionally small community where you will be encouraged and supported to bring your full self to all aspects of your work.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media, or a related field
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Detail-oriented and highly organized, with meticulous proofreading skills
· Proficiency in videography, photography, social media tools, Google Analytics, content management systems (CMS), and Adobe Creative Cloud programs
· Punctual, dependable, and able to work collaboratively in a team and take initiative
· Willingness to work nights and weekends when appropriate, either for events or emergency communication
What would you do?
Your most important duties are:
· Content creation: Generate compelling and engaging content for various marketing channels, including social media, website, newsletters, and print materials. This includes writing, editing, and proofreading text, graphic design, and visual content.
· Social Media Management: Assist in managing and updating the school's social media profiles, ensuring a consistent and professional online presence. Monitor social media trends and engage with the school community.
· Digital Marketing: Collaborate on email marketing campaigns, paid advertising efforts, and SEO strategies to improve online visibility and reach target audiences.
· Event Promotion: Support the promotion of school events, including open houses, alumni events, and fundraising initiatives. Create event-related materials and coordinate marketing efforts.
· Collateral Development: Assist in the design and production of marketing collateral, such as brochures, flyers, posters, and digital banners.
· Analytics and Reporting: Track and analyze marketing metrics and performance data to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and make data-driven recommendations for improvements.
· Photography and Videography: Capture high-quality videos and photos during school events and activities for use in marketing materials and social media.
· Market Research: Collect data on demographics, competitors, and industry trends to identify opportunities for differentiation and growth.
· Administrative Support: Provide administrative assistance to the marketing department, including organizing files, managing schedules, and coordinating meetings.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org