SAGE Dining Services® is looking for a Full-Time Prep Cook for a private school in Hebron, ME. We are a from-scratch company.
There are a wide range of items to be prepped, from washing & cutting vegetables to slicing deli meats handling raw meats and following recipes. This is a busy hands-on position. You will be required to make and complete prep lists for each day. We are looking for a person who is detail-oriented.
Pay Type: $13.00 - $14.50 Hourly
Time Commitment: Full Time
Sunday 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Monday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Tuesday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Thursday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
What you'll get:
- Benefits for full-time positions.
- Paid time off.
- Competitive wages paid weekly.
- Ongoing training.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Uniforms, masks, and shoes.
- Mission-based company with values you trust.
What you'll do:
- Produce assigned hot and cold foods in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide meals that consistently exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Ensure that all food is appropriately displayed and visually appealing.
- Interact cheerfully with SAGE guests and Team Members and provide service with a smile.
- Prepare assigned menu items in strict accordance with SAGE recipes.
- Clean all work areas, equipment, and customer service areas on an ongoing basis.
- Use proper food handling, storage, and sanitation techniques always. (HACCP).
- Adhere to SAGE’s safety and allergy prevention policies.
- Assist in training new Cooks and culinary Team Members.
- Adapt to additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Endure exposure to extreme temperatures; intense heat and freezing cold.
What you'll need:
- Experience with cooking strongly preferred.
- Ability to set up a serving/action station.
- Ability to understand and execute recipes and instructions in detail.
- Experience in customer service strongly preferred.
- Ability to interact with community and team in a cheerful and friendly manner.
- ServSafe® certification preferred, but not required.