Becoming a teaching intern at Hebron Academy provides the opportunity for candidates interested in working under supervision to develop the varied skills required of secondary boarding school employees. The program offers as wide an exposure as possible to all aspects of boarding school life.
Given the unique circumstances of the 2020-21 school year, interns may work in a variety of departments and substitute when and where they are needed. This position could potentially be part-time depending on the availability of the candidate. Currently, our high need areas are teaching mathematics in both the Middle and Upper Schools as well as residential and weekend coverage. However, all interested and qualified candidates are welcome to apply.
The intern’s responsibilities may include:
- Supervised teaching under the guidance of an experienced member of the department.
- Substitute teaching on an as-needed basis.
- Coaching athletics or supervising after-school activities.
- Assisting in dormitory supervision during the week and weekends.
- Participating in other areas of school life commensurate with their interests and experience.
Teacher-intern appointments are one-year, stipend positions. Housing is not available for this position.
Candidates with at least a bachelor’s degree who are interested in applying should submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.