OPPORTUNITY. ENCOURAGEMENT. ACCEPTANCE.
Hebron college counselors know and understand their students thoroughly. They live on campus, serving in a number of capacities, and are able to interact with their advisees on many levels. One size, however, doesn’t fit all. Hebron Academy’s College Counselors work with academic advisors, students and their families on choosing the right academic courses, the range of higher education opportunities, and the ins and outs of the application process.
The College Counseling Office helps students explore all options for education after Hebron. As part of our commitment to helping students find the right college fit, an individualized college counseling approach is used. Students will have individual meetings with a member of the college counseling team to discuss their interests and help them navigate the college process. These college counseling meetings begin in the winter of the junior year and continue through senior year; however, students and parents are welcome to seek advice at any time during the student’s high school career.
The College Counseling office is dedicated to working to ensure that the needs of all students are met. As a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling and the New England Association for College Admissions Counseling the college counseling office works to ensure that Hebron Academy is up to date on the latest trends and best practices in college admission as well as cultivating relationships with admission offices and officers.
College Counseling Program Goals
The College Counseling Office equips students with the tools necessary to conduct a thorough college search, create a comprehensive application and helps to ensure that each student has the ability to achieve their goals for college and beyond.
Hebron's college counselors:
- empower students to take ownership of their college selection process through individual meetings with their counselor, completing self-reflection assignments through YouScience, utilizing the SCOIR virtual college planning system, and visiting college campuses.
- support and guide students so they are able to create a well-balanced list of colleges and universities.
- assists students in assembling a compelling application which accurately conveys their character, personality, and strengths.
We are delighted to invite college representatives to Hebron Academy throughout the fall to meet with our students and College Counseling Office. The majority of these visits will take place before school and during a student's free period. Hebron Academy also hosts a yearly college fair in May.
Save the Date!
Hebron will host the 2nd Annual College Fair on campus Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 from 2-3:30pm. For schools interested in attending, please contact Director of College Counseling, Danny Barr at email@example.com.
- Standardized Testing Resources
- College Search and Application Tools
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Resources