Health, safety and care lie at the heart of our Responsible Reopening Plan - 'Hebron Ready'.We are committed to the ongoing development of a comprehensive reopening plan that is optimally informed and thoughtfully considered. Our planning and decision making has been informed by emerging public health data.
It is important to note that this initial reopening plan is subject to changes as new information emerges relative to COVID-19 and changes in state and federal guidelines and mandates evolve.
Our Proctors produced a helpful video with COVID health precautions for everyone to keep in mind as we prepare for our return to campus.
Many thanks to Olivia, Grace, Molly & Emmett!
- How and when will we know which date our child is supposed to arrive?
- What does the COVID-19 testing routine look like for students arriving on campus? What testing do parents need to plan prior to arrival on campus?
- The pre-travel plans indicate that students must avoid nonfamily contact two weeks prior to arriving at school. What should I do if my child is participating in an activity or is working during that two-week period?
- The website mentions limiting belongings that are brought to school. Many returning students have their belongings in storage at the school. How will students manage sorting these belongings to pare down what they have in their rooms?
- How will online schooling be completed during the quarantine period? Will it be similar to this past spring?
- Will students be permitted to get outdoor daily exercise during the quarantine periods?
- How will athletics work during the quarantine periods?
- Depending on the changing situation could the winter and spring break quarantine periods be eliminated?
- Will my child be learning online even if they are on campus?
- Can my child attend class when they exhibit symptoms of illness?
Hebron is a special place...
We are looking outward and forward to the future with our #LumberjacksReunited on the Hebron campus. We can't wait to see you in the fall!
Everyone's situation is different and you may have very specific questions about how this plan affects your child.
Please feel free to contact us - we're here to help.
We're all in this together...
Hebron Academy has been working in close partnerships with our peer schools as we plan our campus reopening. As a member of the Independent Schools Association of Northern New England (ISANNE), we worked collaboratively on a reopening framework that reflects our schools’ shared commitments, yet it also allows that “one size does not fit all.”
Please click on the image to the left to view the full ISANNE Reopening Framework.