Travel & Transport
The Hebron Hub contains our general policies, procedures, and school information, many of which were developed for a standard academic year.
For the most up-to-date policies, including COVID-19 planning and response policies, please refer to Hebron's Reopening Plan.
- Take Route 95N to Exit 63 (Route 26).
- Turn left off the exit and follow the signs to 26 North.
- Stay on Route 26 for approximately 20 minutes.
- When you see Poland Regional High School, take the next right onto Route 11 (Mobil station on your right).
- Follow Route 11 into Mechanic Falls.
- At the light, go straight across onto Route 124 (Cumberland Farms on your left).
- Follow Route 124 into Minot and turn left at the junction of Route 119 (Village Trading Post on your left).
- Continue on 119 five minutes to Hebron Academy.
- Take Route 95S to Exit 75 (Auburn).
- Turn left off the exit onto Routes 202/4/100.
- Continue on 202/4/100 approximately 10 minutes to lights at the Court Street intersection (Denny’s & CVS on corners).
- Turn left onto Court Street, following it to intersection of Route 11/121 (Minot Ave) (Irving gas station at the intersection).
- Turn right onto 11/121 and follow for approximately 10 minutes.
- Turn right onto Route 119.
- Follow Route 119, being careful to stay on 119 when it turns sharply left (keep the Village Trading Post on your left).
- Continue on 119 five minutes to Hebron Academy.
Students fly into the Portland Jetport (PWM) and Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). At the opening of school, students traveling alone can be met in Portland, if arrangements have been made through the Transportation Coordinator.
Hebron transports students to and from the Portland terminal at the beginning and end of school vacations.
It is the Academy’s expectation that students will depart for weekends, winter break and spring break only after their last commitment on that day. Travel arrangements should not interfere with the class day. The school will provide bus transportation at the beginning and end of vacations at the most common intervals to accommodate travel times.
- Departures to the Portland Jetport and Concord Trailways, on the day the vacation begins as well as an early departure the next morning. Flights should be scheduled at least 2 hours after the above scheduled departure times from Hebron.
- Arrivals students should arrive at the Portland Jetport or Concord Trailways.
Students will be charged for transportation to or from Lewiston/Auburn and to or from Portland.
At this time, students are not permitted to use UBER or Lyft transportation services.
If a student’s needs do not coincide with the departure and arrival times provided, they will need to arrange for their own transportation to or from school via taxi. If Hebron must provide transportation outside of scheduled times, there will be fees to or from Lewiston/Auburn and to or from Portland.
The Boarding Transportation Coordinator is available to assist students with travel arrangements. The purchasing or funding of any ticket is the responsibility of the parents or student.
To make special arrangements for transportation, please call or e-mail the Transportation Coordinator at 207-966-5277 or 207-592-6700, or travel@ hebronacademy.org.
Departure/Arrival time and fee specifics will be relayed to students prior to vacation travel dates.
Concord Trailways provides transportation from Boston’s Logan Airport and South Station (to connect with Peter Pan for southern New England) to Portland, Maine. Schedules and fares can be found at www.concordtrailways.com or by calling 800-639-3317.
Amtrak Downeaster daily train service from Portland to Boston North Station. Bus transfers available to South Station or Back Bay Station. Schedules, fares and transfer information at amtrakdowneaster.com or 800-USA-RAIL.
Greyhound Bus provides bus service throughout the country, including Maine and Massachusetts. Greyhound typically offers three daily runs from Portland to Boston and back. Schedules and fares can be found at www.greyhound.com or by calling 800-231-2222.
Vermont Transit / Peter Pan are subsidiaries of Greyhound Lines, Inc. Greyhound schedules connect for routes in upper New England with Vermont Transit buses. Check out their web site for detailed information at www.vermonttransit.com.
Based in Lewiston. 207-784-4521. Pre-arrange to bill student account. Reservation required.
Based in Oxford. 207-743-7963 Reservation required. Cash transaction only.
Via Hebron alumnus Chris Sample. Please arrange through Boarding Transportation Coordinator. Billed to student account.
Students are not permitted to use UBER or Lyft transportation services.
- Turn left heading east onto Route 119. Go about 3 miles.
- At the Village Trading Post, take the second (soft) right, staying on Route 119.
- Go about 6 miles.
- Turn left onto Routes 11 and 121 (Minot Avenue) and head east towards Lewiston.
- Go about 4 miles.
- You will come to a large rotary.
- Bear right onto Route 4 South, and immediately get into the left lane to get onto Route 4 North; then move to the right.
- At the first light (about 2 blocks), turn right on to High St.
- At the blinking light (about 1 block) on top of Academy Hill, turn right.
- At the next light at the bottom of the hill (about 1 block again), turn right on Main St./Route 136.
- Turn slight left onto Mill St/ Route 136 (about 2 blocks).
- Turn slight right onto Riverside Road/Route 136 (about 1 block).
- Follow Riverside Road/Route 136 for 17 miles.
- Turn left onto Route 125/ Route 136/Mallet Drive.
- At the second light, turn right onto Main St./Route 1.
- LL Bean, restaurants, parking, and other outlet shops are on both sides of Main Street.
- Turn left, heading east on Route 119.
- Go about 3 miles. At the Village Trading Post, take the first (sharp) right onto Route 124.
- Go 4 miles.
- At the stoplight, Route 124 becomes Route 11.
- Continue on Route 11 for 2 miles.
- Turn left onto Route 26 (Mobil station on your left).
- Go 11 miles, follow signs for Maine Turnpike, US 95 South.
- Take exit 52, toward I-295/Falmouth/ US-1/Freeport.
- Go 3.5 miles.
- Turn right onto Route 1 towards 295 S.
- You will be on Route 1 for 1 block (200 meters) before you turn right onto 295 South.
- Take exit 7 onto Franklin Arterial.
- Continue on Franklin Arterial until you intersect with Congress Street.
- Turn right, heading west onto Route 119.
- Go 5 miles.
- At the stop sign, turn left onto Route 26 and Route 117.
- The X Vault Pub is on your left.
- Norway Soft Serve Creamery (seasonal) is 1/2 mile down on your right.
- Maurice’s Restaurant Français is one mile down on your right.
- Burger King, McDonald’s, KFC, Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens, the InnTown Motel, Rite Aid and Stephens Memorial Hospital are all on 117 within 3 miles of the initial left turn.
At the Rite Aid intersection, Route 26 turns left and south to Oxford.
- Take this left onto 26 South for WalMart, which is approximately 4 miles down on your right, past the Oxford Cinema, Pizza Hut and Hannaford’s Grocery.
- South Paris/Norway/Oxford (6–8 miles)
- Poland (12–15 miles)
- Bryant Pond (15 miles)
- Auburn/Lewiston (13–19 miles)
- Waterford (15–18 miles)
- Bethel (30 miles)
1777 Washington Street N., Auburn
15 Lincoln Street, Lewiston
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
14 Great Falls Plaza, Auburn
Ramada Inn Conference Center
490 Pleasant Street, Lewiston
Residence Inn Auburn
670 Turner Street, Auburn
599 Center St.
Buffalo Wild Wings
648 Turner Street
47 Broad Street
563 Center St.
120 Center St.
68 Main Street
Heidi’s Brooklyn Deli
624 Turner St.
721 Minot Ave.
649 Turner St.
1052 Minot Ave.
180 Center St.
Mu Noi Eats
1056 Center St.
650 Center St.
85 Center St.
649 Turner St.
35 Mount Auburn Ave.
220 Court St.
Tripp’s Farmhouse Cafe
945 Center St.
165 High Street
97 Lisbon St.
Cowbell Grill & Tap
49 Lisbon St
Bates Mill Complex
70 Lincoln St.
180 Lisbon St.
115 Middle St.
12 Mollison Way
114 Lisbon Street
The Pub at Baxter
120 Mill St
29 Lisbon Street
134 Main Street
Simones Hot Dogs
99 Chestnut St.
290 Maine Street
76 Pleasant St.
30 Fair Street
457 Main Street
450 Main Street
427 Main St.
449 Main Street
237 Main Street
Smokin’ Dave’s BBQ
230 Main St.
Taste of Eden
238 Main St.