- Provides every resident of Maine with access to a collection of full text and abstracts from magazines, newspapers and reference books that are credible, reputable resources. MARVEL! provides the ability to search a number of resources at one time for needed information. It includes the Encyclopedia Britannica, AccessScience, Literature Resource Center, EBSCO, and Maine Newsstand.
Please see the Resource Board on MyHebron for off-campus access passwords.
Global Road Warrior - The Global Road Warrior is data on the move, a regular, roving globetrotter. Grab a boarding pass and see for yourself! CultureGrams - Culture Gram reports provide students with a framework for understanding and appreciating how other people live and think.
NewsBank - Access articles, documents and statistics covering social studies, science, arts/culture and more. Sources: newspapers, magazines, transcripts, historical documents, and science encyclopedia, and maps:
- Access World News - Find global information on topics related to controversial issues and events, economics, literature, social studies, health, science and more from a variety of news media including newspapers, newswires, blogs, periodicals, videos and web-only content.
- America’s Historical Newspapers (1690-1922) - Provides a timeline and topic search covering issues and events, literature and more including the Revolutionary War, Civil War, Reconstruction, industrialization, Progressive Era, World War I and other eras.
- Popular Periodicals - Coverage of U.S. and international news, the arts, business, careers, history, health, science, sports, and technology.
- Science Source Collection - Articles, biographies, and digests explore science topics including diseases, mammals, the environment, and physics. Learn about biology, chemistry, physics, earth science, health, oceanography, and applied sciences.
History Resource Center - This site brings together all the information that’s needed to fully understand an issue: pro and con viewpoint articles, reference articles that provide context, full-text magazines, academic journals, and newspapers, primary source documents, government and organizational statistics, multimedia, including images and podcasts, links to hand-selected web sites, and more!
- Researcher - A general reference database containing full-text articles exploring social, scientific, health, historic, economic, political and global issues.
- Government Reporter - A database of full-text government documents and graphics concerning a wide variety of topics: health, science, economics, environment, politics, foreign affairs, business and industry.
- Renaissance - "Current Perspectives on the Arts & Humanities" provides dynamic information on Architecture & Design, Culture, Literature, Multimedia, Music, Performing Arts, Philosophy & Religion and Visual Arts.
- Discoverer - A general reference database for children in grades 1-9 with full-text articles and images that are selected from thousands of domestic and international publications.
- WebSelect- Provides easy access to carefully selected and continuously updated quality Web sites covering vital issues and topics.