At Hebron, we are committed to educating the whole student. We provide integrated wellness education and individual coaching to support students to make informed and healthy life choices. Our comprehensive mental health services include counseling with our on-site therapist, psychiatry, skills groups, and 24/7 access to a school counselor.
Mind. As well as Spirit.
- Two full-time on-campus mental health clinicians who are available for drop-in visits and routine check-ins, as well as to coordinate care with HA Nursing Staff, outside treatment providers, and families.
- Weekly Student Support Team meetings convene to ensure that students with support needs are promptly identified and that individualized holistic plans of support are developed and optimally implemented. This team meets in advance of a student's arrival.
- Collaborating Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist who is available to those students requiring medication management services, diagnostic evaluation, and/or emergency consultation.
- On-site licensed therapist for weekly counseling sessions devoted to student's therapeutic goals.
- On-campus Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills Groups provided by St. Mary’s Medical Center clinicians.
- On-site Nursing Team available 24/7 to provide access to routine and emergency care services, medication administration, and healthcare coordination.
- Consulting Sports Psychologist provide sport and performance psychology workshops to coaches and students throughout the year, as well as individual consultation services for interested students.
- Weekly meditation and yoga classes available to students and faculty.
- Member of MGH Center for Cross-Cultural Student Emotional Wellness Consortium - provides HA faculty and mental health clinicians access to ongoing and as-needed consultation with MGH Center clinicians, who include the nation’s leading experts on cross-cultural student mental health. This partnership highlights our commitment to supporting the mental health of our diverse student body as well as our commitment to inclusive education and school culture.
Both Mikel and Dr. Daigle have been such big help. Every week that I had counseling or a psychiatric appointment I knew I could go to them and let it all out and it was all private. I felt that they have always been there for me and they know just what to do and say to help me out. They have supported me all year and I appreciate it very much, I’m glad I had such good people to go to who genuinely cared about how I felt.
Therapy is not something I would have ever considered due to my ego. I was an athlete and thought that was my way to escape. Unfortunately, it was not enough, with the pressure of school and sports and the demons from my past I started struggling. With no options, I went to Mrs. Miller and she got me into therapy. Through therapy, I learned ways to cope with anxiety. The support I received truly helped me open my eyes and change my perspective. It helped me figure out what was important to me. Without Hebron, I wouldn’t have been able to start my healing process.
Director of Mental Health and Wellness
Mental Health and Wellness Counselor