Health & Wellness Programs
Wellness programming is integral to new student orientation and the on-boarding process, with special attention paid to mid-year and non-traditional times of enrollment. Wellness programming is woven into all aspects of life at Hebron, including residential life, Academic Guidance Center supports, special events, advisory meetings, class meetings, health education and athletics.
Topics of wellness programming include:
- Mindfulness-based stress management
- Nutrition for mental wellness
- Sleep hygiene
- Holistic approaches to improve executive functioning
- Substance dependency prevention
- Boundaries with technology/screen time
- Sexual health
- Positive body image
- Relationship violence prevention
- LGBTQ+ awareness
- Diversity and social justice issues pertaining to safety in school
Wellness is a primary focus of professional development at Hebron, through which we aim to empower our faculty with increased awareness of mental health and wellness topics.